So I am trying to cook Almond Toffee but I am facing some problems with it, below is how I am exactly doing it:
- I cook the Butter and Water until it boils, then I stir in the Sugar.
- Then as soon as it starts to boil again I add Salt and Lecithin and stir for seconds to dissolve them in the mix.
- When the mixture reaches to 250f I add the roasted almonds and mix them with the mixture of Sugar and Butter.
- I cook the mixture and keep stirring it until it reaches 290f and then I spread the Toffee into a cooling surface.
1. I know that stirring should not happen while cooking but the if I do not stir, the mixture gets burnt fast and the almonds are burnt because they will be in the bottom of the pan. SO how to avoid this ?
2. After the mixture cools, I cover it which chocolate and then I put it in the refrigerator. when I do the Toffee change its color to be light and as soon as I get it our of the refrigerator it gets dark after 5 minutes.
3. Also when I get the Toffee out of the refrigerator it feel like it start to dissolve and it gets greasy and the task change, as opposed to when eating it directly from the refrigerator. What is causing this ?
4. I have read that Toffee must be aged and kept aside for a while before eating it, for how many days it should be aged? also where should be aged? in the refrigerator or outside ?
I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.