Last night, kinda late, after a long and trying day, we were too lazy to cook but felt chow-y, so we thought we'd give Zach's hot dog place on Upper Hawthorne a try. A dog, we thought -- that's the easy and fast ticket.
We found it to be open, which was a good sign, so we parked and went in. Inside we were assailed with an unbelievably foul smell -- as best as I could tell, it was rancid grease. But there were people sitting and eating unconcernedly. For a moment I thought: "Well, that's okay, I just won't order any fries." But as we stood there, the reek became so overpowering that, wordlessly and simultaneously, we both headed for the door after concluding that the stench couldn't bode well for the rest of the kitchen.
Now, I am *not* a fussy or fastidious person (though my partner has such tendencies), and will eat most anything anywhere, albeit with differing degrees of enjoyment. Has anyone else found this poisonous atmosphere to be the norm at Zach's? Or was it an off night? Or is it just us? It was really quite phenomenal -- the smell lingered in our hair and clothes for hours, and we were only there for under two minutes. And I'm a SMOKER, fer chrissakes!
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 2 years ago | 0
Updated 12 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 1 year ago | 0