Finally made it there after rave reviews on this board and have to add mine to the lot. Three hungry gals had:
1. tuna sashimi - well worth getting because it was prepared differently, with what looked like chopped plum as garnish
2. dungeness crab salad - excellent - with nicely crisp julienned cucumbers
3. crab cakes - yummy, full of crab
4. steamed manila clams - the clams were big and juicy and the sauce, which seemed redolent in butter, was just perfect - my favorite dish
5. duck breast - (topped with yuzu?) my friends who don't usually like duck proclaimed it 'non-gamey'
6. scallops - v. luxe - topped with caviar and salmon roe, delicious
7. shrimp tempura - came with a curry sauce and rock salt on the side and we did as the waiter suggested - ignored the curry sauce and just dipped in the salt - the tempura was already marinated in curry powder and that helped balance the flavors.
For dessert we had two excellent ice-creams - a berry/ Cabernet sorbet and a Valrhona chocolate ice-cream, and also an apple crisp special which was imported from Shiro and we raved about enough that we hope it goes on their regular menu.
With 4 glasses of wine (including a lovely floral accented gewurtztramminer at $11 a glass) and 3 complimentary glasses of dessert wine (an Italian moscadet - yummy and not too sticky) the bill came to $150 with tax and tip. Excellent value, service and food - we'll be back!
Updated 3 days ago | 43
Updated 3 days ago | 31
Updated 5 days ago | 21
Updated 7 days ago | 84
Updated 13 days ago | 28