Chowhounders seem to like challenges so here's one:
I need restaurant suggestions, even an itinerary and suggested dishes, for a dinner time food crawl starting from neighborhoods within walking distance of my hotel near the FQ (Windsor Court) next tuesday night. I'm intrigued by all the individual dishes I read about at the great NO restaurants and can't decide where to start, so , after spending 2 hours reading the log of NO chowhound suggestions, and since I eat regularly at great restaurants in NY and LA, I've decided it'd be more fun to do a 'crawl' and follow the 'foods found only in NO theme'. (this comes from a wonderful discussion of the choice b/w Galatoire's vs Herbsaint's where it was pointed out that only in NO is Galatoire's, vs Herb's is great new style NO food done best in NO).
Here are the parameters:
1. Atmosphere: I'll be with a work buddy so fun is valued over intimacy.
2. Seating: Food eaten at the bar vs table works if suggested (like great meals at the Union Square Cafe in NY)
3. Drinks: Good drinks/wines appreciated.
4. Food: A dish here, a dish there, nothing to big so that the crawl can continue---that would be ideal.
5. Walking is best but if we taxi to a new neighborhood then hopefully there is cool music there afterwards.
6. Speaking of Afterward: Ending the crawl with local jazz , preferably without steep cover charges so I'll be willing to venture in.
Updated 9 months ago | 8
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 32
Updated 1 year ago | 26
Updated 3 days ago | 27