My fiance and I are trying to locate a good place for a rehearsal dinner in Marin County for next June. We're definitely into good food, but unfortunately since the wedding party is so large (30-35 people) we have to try to keep costs relatively low. Here's what we're looking for:
1. Located near Novato. The wedding will be there, and everyone coming in from out of town (most of them) will be as well. Several won't have cars, so we'll have to coordinate travel, so near Novato would be nice.
2. Can accommodate our party comfortably. We'd love to have a private room, but it's not a deal breaker for us, if the space is nice.
3. Good food. We like good food, and don't want some nasty unpleasant food. That said, we're fine working with some of the most simple/less expensive products if they're prepared well.
4. Availability - The rehearsal dinner will be on a Friday. I know that makes things more expensive, and if you know of somebody willing to work with us, let us know. We're willing to do the dinner early (as early as 4:30PM if necessary) to try to keep our costs down as much as possible.
5. Cost - Here's the hardest part. We're trying to keep costs right around $35/person. That would include the meal, and possibly non-alcoholic beverages. We would like access to a cash and carry bar (wine, beer, cocktails if available) and our guests will likely indulge on their own dime, we just don't need it included in our price.
Are there any places that can do this around that area? We can't easily get into San Francisco proper, or all the way to Sonoma, but what else is out there?
Updated 6 hours ago | 18
Updated 12 days ago | 28
Updated 20 days ago | 24
Updated 5 hours ago | 62
Updated 3 days ago | 152