Dropped by for lunch today and ordered the "mini kaiseki" for $16.99 that came with the following:
- Sashimi - tuna, yellow tail and flounder
- Steamed tofu with squash
- Broiled fish glazed with miso (i think)
- Tempura - shrimp, asparagus and squash
- miso based soup boiled with pork, carrots and potato
- Stewed vegetables - squash, eggplant, stuffed tofu pouches.
- green tea ice cream topped with mashed red bean
The quality of the sashimi was very good, the other items I would describe as homey, tasty but not spectacular. Really reminded me of what a simple neighborhood restaurant in Japan might serve up. The only item I did not enjoy was the broiled fish which tasted a little off. But overall quite a good value for the $. Most other items on the menu for lunch are between $8 - $14. The Kaiseki sets are $16.99 - $35.
Next spot will be Anzu across the street.
Updated 2 years ago | 12
Updated 2 days ago | 69
Updated 3 days ago | 87
Updated 8 days ago | 67
Updated 3 hours ago | 26