Took a friend to Incanto for her birhday. She and her boyfriend aren't big eaters so we ordered a bit lighter than usual, then ended up pigging out on dessert.
Movia sparkling rose (100% pinot noir), even better than the brut
amuse of chicken liver pate on toast
- beet and orange salad
- shaved fennel and apple, wonderful idea
- new potato and beef tripe salad
- lentil soup, light and simple
Palari Rosso del Soprano (nerello mascalese & nerello capuccio)
- bigoli all'Amatriciana, killer thanks to the housemade guanciale
- handkerchiefs with boar ragu, good but not as unctuous as the usual pork
- maccheroni spinati with chard, pine nuts, & currants
Valle dell'Acate Cerasuolo di Vittoria 2002
- Sardinian shellfish stew
- "Il Peposo," beef stew (Google "Peposo Brunelleschi" for the story)
Ca Rossa Brachetto 2003
- rice pudding tart
- "macchiato mousse," mocha mousse with a layer of cake topped with whipped cream and served in a coffee cup, best new chocolate dessert I've had in a while, the cake layer's a stroke of genius
- ginger marsala cake with ginger compote
- pear crostata with a sweet gorgonzola sauce, incredible flavor combination though the pastry needed work
- grapefruit-Campari sorbetto, perfect cleansing taste to end the meal
That sorbetto reminded me of Barolo chinato so I ordered a glass and it was a great pairing.
No panna cotta! The pastry chef wanted a change.