I would really appreciate some input for my upcoming trip to China.
I have read through a lot of postings on Chowhound and have created the below list based on my research.
There are so many suggestions/options I have been having a tough time trying to narrow it down.
1. If there are multiple locations, please let me know which you recommend.
2. Local specialties/ Cuisine preferred
3. Please let me know If it is an expensive restaurant ($50+ US per person )
4. If restaurant is only a dinner option. Yang’s in Shanghai?
5. Variety (price/atmosphere, cuisine, etc)
Hong Kong- I am looking to Plan 5 meals (2/3 dinner -2/3 lunches) including Tim Ho Wan as one of the lunches.
Lei Garden IFC.
Din Tai Fung
Yan Toh Heen
Fook Lan Moon
Nanhai Number 1
Above & Beyong
Tai Ping Koon
Noodles- are these the same restaurant?
Mak un kee
Mak Kan Kee
Under Bridge Spicy Crab
Tung Po Seafood
Beijing- We will be in Beijing for 4 days. I don’t have a lot of restaurants picked out and have heard Beijing is not a great food city. Any other suggestions would be great!! We already have a reservation at Black Sesame.
Made in China
Li Qun Duck
Quanjude in Qianmen
Black Sesame Kitchen
Shanghai- We will only be in Shanghai for 2 dinner and 2 lunches.
Old Jesse/Jesse 41
Ding Tai Fung
Xiao Nan Guo
Yang's Fry-Dumpling/ Jia Jia Tang Bao- this will be at least one of the meals. If we only go once, which one should we eat at? Can this be lunch option?