I recently tried making pots de creme for the first time. Instead of having a pudding-like consistency, the final result was more of a soft solid, akin to a very soft ganache. Still delicious, but just wondering what I did wrong?
- combined milk, cream, sugar and brought to a boil
- tempered egg yolks with about half the milk/cream mixture
- poured tempered mixture into remaining milk/cream mixture
- cooked to custard (* I did overcook at this point, but I strained to remove any eggy bits)
- poured custard over chocolate chips (* recipe called for bar chocolate, but I did not have any)
- allowed to stand & melt chips
- stirred combined milk/eggs/chocolate mixture
- pureed in blender
- poured into ramekins
- allowed to warm about 15 minutes before eating
Thanks for any suggestions and tips!!