Looking for recommendations for good eats for 4 NY visitors. We'll be there from Fri-Mon for the hot air balloon festival. Food spots can be fancy or not, ethnic or whatever - we just like to eat.
2 of us have been to Montreal a number of times, and 2 of us haven't ever been (and one is a very accomodating non-pescatarian veggie who'll go to steakhouses and order salads and creamed spinach but prefers to have something a little more veggie-friendly).
The 2 of us who've been to Montreal before (hubby and me) have been to:
- Toque (hubby totally loved but only been once)
- Au Pied de Cochon (hubby's fave resto ever, incl NY spots - he is ravenous carnivore and loves the foie gras poutine)
- Schwartz's (non-lean meat please)
- Cora's (breakfast)
- Beauty's (breakfast)
- Club Chasse et Peche (not that impressed)
- Olive and Gourmando
- Jean Talon Market (loved this!)
- Cafe Santropol (will probably visit again with veggie friend)
It's also been a while since I've had a good poutine, so any suggestions on that end appreciated as well. I love cheese curds!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
- Hungry NY-er