i'm sitting here eating one of my favorite snacks:
- slice some cornbread in half (top half and bottom half) so that it's two thin, wide slices
- toast it to dry it out a little
- in the meantime, heat up some (maybe 1/4 C?) milk in a bowl
- lay the toasted cornbread in the milk
- sprinkle with sugar if you are using unsweetened cornbread
i just tried doing a search for it, but i can't seem to find anyone else who eats it this way. i did see that some people crumble cornbread into a glass of milk as a snack, but i haven't seen it heated up as more of a hot cereal. anyone else?