I was wondering what hounds hold to be their benchmarks when trying the same dish at different places.
For example, every Ice cream sundae I have ever eaten gets compared (somewhat unconsciously) to the Hot Chocolate Fudge Sundae I had at Nirula's in India.
Similarly, all steaks are up against the Porterohuse at Des Nivel in Buenos Aires (this changed a lot initially)
The dishes that have never been bested are:
- Chiken Tikka from the orginal Saleem Dhaba in New Delhi (even their new incarnation fails)
- String Hoppers from Hopper Hut in Toronto
- Thai Chicken that my mom makes
- The Vegetable Tower Pintxo from Pintxo in Montreal
- Mussels from a Moulierie in the old town of Nantes, France
Updated 5 days ago | 113
Updated 8 days ago | 19
Updated 27 days ago | 14
Updated 6 hours ago | 71
Updated 13 days ago | 127