Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
New York Strip Steak with Caramelized Shallots...
New York Italian Cheesecake
- 3 Packages cream cheese
- Large tub of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 whole eggs
- 3 Tbs flour
- 1/4 cup milk or light cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 ounces deSorrano almond liquor
This is a family recipe and is over 60 years old. I love to share it. This as you will find out is the best italian cheesecake in the world.
- 1preheat oven to 500 degrees
- 2Cream cheese should be at room temperature.
- 3Mix all ingredients in large bowl and mix on lowest setting for about 3 minutes. Do not smash out the lumps they are the best part.
- 4Put in springform pan (9 inch round should do it.)
- 5Put cakepan into another larger round pan about 3 inches high and add about 1-1/2 cups of water to the outside pan (make sure you put tinfoil around the pan with the batter in it so it doesnt leak)
- 6Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes no more, then drop temperature to 250 degrees and bake for one hour (depending on your oven) check for solidity with toothpick if too loose, cook at 2 minute intervals until finished.