Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Whole Wheat Margherita Pizza
Angel Hair Pasta with Spicy Vodka Sauce
Whole Wheat Pasta with Spicy Italian Sausage, Mustard Greens and Tomato Cream sauce
- 6 oz of whole wheat organic pasta
- 4 links of Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large bunch of Mustard Greens
- 1 large can (28oz) of chopped San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
This is a super simple dish to make, but really hearty and nice, and the mustard greens with a nice peppery flavor elevate the sauce from a simple sausage and tomato combination.
- 1Boil water and while the water starts to heat up, remove the sausage from it’s outer casings – cut the ends off the sausage and squeeze out the meat. Chop the meat into smaller pieces, heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and fry the sausage until it’s browned. Add the pasta to boiling water with a pinch of salt. Then add the tomatoes to the saucepan with the red wine.
- 2Remove the mustard leaves from the stems, and add a handful until it wilts, then continue to add handfuls until it is all incorporated.
- 3Then add the sugar, salt and pepper. Finally stir in the cream and remove from heat. Cook the pasta until it’s Al dente (depends on the type of pasta, but not completely soft) and drain, then spoon the sauce on top of the pasta. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.