Truffled Fingerling Smashed Potatoes
Adapted from Jose Garces
- 5 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white truffle oil
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches, salt well (the water should taste like seawater), and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer potatoes until fork tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2Drain potatoes, return to the pot along with butter, and cook over low heat until butter is melted. Using a hand-held potato masher, smash potatoes until butter is incorporated, leaving some lumps. Add cream, truffle oil, salt, and pepper and fold together. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved