This salsa has a fresh flavor that really highlights the tomatillos. It’s delicious on chips but also gives great crunch and freshness to baked dishes, such as our Chiles Rellenos Strata.
Game plan: The salsa will last in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
This recipe was featured as part of our Nacho Recipes photo gallery.
- 1 pound tomatillos, skins removed and cut into small dice
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Place all ingredients in a nonreactive mixing bowl, stir to combine, adjust seasoning as necessary, and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved