Table Talk with Nicole Plue, Director of Pastry Arts at SF Cooking School |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Chicken Pot Pie
Easy Shepherd's Pie
Three Sisters Deep-Dish Pie
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust, defrosted
This light and easy meal in a pot requires just a little advance planning to roast the squash. The rest comes together quickly.
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 1Wash squash well, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds and rub each section with oil. Place cut side down on cookie sheet or in glass baking dish and roast 25 minutes or until soft throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 1In Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until soft (about 3 minutes). Add carrots, celery and mirin and sauté 3 minutes. Cut green beans into bite-size pieces, add to pot along with corn and sauté 5 minutes or until beans start to soften. Chop squash into bite-size pieces and fold into mixture.
- 2In small bowl, whisk together water, liquid aminos and arrowroot until smooth. Pour into pot with vegetables and stir until liquid starts to thicken. Season to taste with pepper. Remove from heat and transfer to deep casserole.
- 1Crumble pie crust over top of casserole and cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 8 minutes longer or until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and serve.