The Concord Fizz
This one reminded me of summers at my grandma and grandpa’s farm. I love the grapy taste of Concords, and the basil added a very pleasant herby flavor. The color is gorgeous! If you don’t have lemon basil, Thai basil, lemon thyme, or lemon verbena is also great in this drink.
This was a final competition cocktail in the CHOW Cocktail Square Off, a cocktail recipe contest copresented with Square One® Organic Vodka and Om Organics.
- 1 bunch lemon basil
- 4 ounces Concord grapes (a handful)
- 2 ounces raspberries
- Squeeze of lemon
- 2 ounces Square One® Organic Vodka
- 1/2 ounce maraschino liquor
- 2 ounces (or as needed) cava or other sparkling wine
- 1 sprig lemon basil, for garnish
- 1Muddle basil, grapes, and raspberries; add lemon juice, vodka, and maraschino liquor; and shake with ice. Strain into a collins glass filled with cracked ice, and top off with cava. Garnish with a sprig of lemon basil.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved