Thanksgiving Leftovers Club Sandwich
Leftover turkey sandwiches are often more enjoyable than the big Thanksgiving meal itself. For this version, we took on the challenge of trying to get every single component of the Thanksgiving meal packed between two pieces of bread, down to a smashed dinner roll in the center, club sandwich–style. It took us a number of tests to come up with what we think are the perfect proportions of turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and green beans in one epic sandwich.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
• Classic Soft Dinner Roll
• Basic Mashed Potatoes
• Easy Roast Turkey
• Easy Turkey Gravy
• Easy Cranberry Sauce
• Homemade Mayonnaise
• Classic Apple and Sage Stuffing
• Mashed Sweet Potato Casserole
• Green Bean Casserole
- 1 1/2 dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded roast turkey (about 3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons turkey gravy, warmed
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup stuffing
- 2 tablespoons mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup green bean casserole
- 1Spread some mayonnaise on a dinner roll half and spoon on the stuffing; set aside. Place the turkey and gravy in a small bowl and toss until combined; set aside.
- 2Place the remaining dinner roll on a work surface. Spread one slice with the cranberry sauce and the second with more mayo. Place the stuffing on the mayonnaise-side of the bread slice and spread it into an even layer. Spread the sweet potatoes over the stuffing in an even layer. Top the sweet potatoes with the green bean casserole.
- 3Top the green bean casserole with the dinner roll, mashed-potato-side up. Top with the turkey mixture. Place the second slice of bread cranberry-side down on top of the turkey mixture. Press down gently on the top of the sandwich to compact it slightly, cut it in half, and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved