The simple addition of tarragon takes mayonnaise to a new level. Use it as you would regular mayonnaise, though we especially like it on this steak sandwich.
Game plan: Have all the ingredients at room temperature before you start; the mayo will come together better. Also, because the egg doesn’t get cooked, use very fresh or pasteurized eggs. Once made, the mayonnaise should be stored in an airtight container and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1Combine egg, and mustard in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process until mixture is evenly combined.
- 2With the processor running, slowly add oil in a thin stream until completely combined.
- 3Add vinegar and tarragon and pulse until evenly combined, about 4 times. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved