Table Talk with Chef Zachary Golper of Bien Cuit |
Answers Are In! ›
Buffalo Chicken Tenders with Blue Cheese Coleslaw...
Superbowl Buffalo Chicken, Marinated Vegetables and Blue Cheese Stuffed Sandwich
- 4 nice size boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of blue cheese dressing
- 5-6 slices of Provolone cheese (right from your grocery store Deli)
- 3 large carrots thin sliced
- 3 large celery stalks thin sliced
- 1 medium onion thin sliced
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing to marinade vegetables
- 2 1/2 cups of your favorite wing sauce
- 1 large load of Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Like wings and like big long stuffed sandwiches that are great foods for a superbowl party … Well this is the best of both worlds. Great buffalo wing taste, celery and carrots for a crunch, a wonderful blue cheese sauce all in a nice thick cruncy sandwich. Please feel free to use your own wing sauce and homemade blue cheese but a store bought sauce for both will work just fine for this. The chicken and vegetables can be made ahead so all it takes is a few minutes to put it together, and bake for 20 minutes either on the grill or in the oven. Slice and serve with all your other favorite party foods.
- 1First we need to marinade the chicken over night. In a large baggie Put 1 cup of wing sauce in the bag along with the chicken rub around to coat and marinade at least over night.
- 2The next day it is time to marinade the vegetables. Thin slice your, carrots, celery, and onion add again to a baggie with the Italian dressing and let marinade all day in the refrigerator.
- 3Next, lets grill the chicken so we can set it before slicing. Remove from the baggie, salt and pepper and grill on either an outside or inside grill. Let cool and set before slicing in thin slices.
- 4Then the night of the party, Cut your bread in half lengthwise, hollow out a little of the bread on both the top and the bottom and lightly grill or broil just to get the inside of the bread lightly brown. This will help the bread from becoming soggy or soft.
- 5Now to put the bread together … spread the blue cheese on both the bottom and top halves of the bread, then on the bottom half top with 1/2 of the the sliced chicken, a little more sauce, marinated vegetables (not the liquid), the provolone cheese, the other 1/2 of the chicken a little more sauce and the other top of the bread.
- 6Melt the butter and the remaining 1/2 cup wing sauce and brush on the outside of the bread. Wrap in foil and either grill outside or you can bake in the oven on 350. I like to weight the bread down so it lightly get pressed. Use whatever you have, a brick covered in foil, a heavy pan, anything will work. Cook the bread for 10 minutes, flip it over and cook another 5-10 minutes. Let set a couple of minutes and slice into 8 pieces. ENJOY!!