Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with French Onion...
Stuffed Portobello w/Hummus Gravy
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies (i.e. peas, corn and carrots)
- 1 bag frozen brown rice
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- 3 TBS water
A great way to get kids to 1) enjoy nutrient-rich mushrooms, and 2) eat veggies. This plant-based, low-fat dish is delicious, easy to make and loved by all to whom I’ve served it…even mushroom haters!
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Scrape gills away and wash mushrooms. Bake gill-side up for 10 minutes on foil or parchment covered cookie sheet. Once out of the oven, pour off water that will accumulate on mushrooms.
- 3Meanwhile, in medium-sized pot over medium heat warm the veggies and rice several minutes until no longer frozen. Add spinach and nutritional yeast and cook 5-10 minutes.
- 4Fill each mushroom with filling and bake 15 minutes.
- 5Combine hummus with water and microwave 20 second, stir, heat another 20 seconds until heated through. Drizzle over each mushroom and serve!