Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Caramelized Onion Dip
Can't Stop Eating It Onion Dip!
- 3 Tablespoons of butter divided
- 3 medium Vidalia onions sliced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon of KS Masterpiece BBQ seasoning
- 2 cups of grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Dash of cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
People stand around this dish and cannot stop eating it. I promise you, no leftovers! The sweetness of the Vidalia onions and the twang from the seasoning and the creaminess of the Gruyere cheese makes this recipe a sure winner!
- 1Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a 2-quart dish with cooking spray (Pam)
- 2Over medium heat, heat a large skillet. Add 2 Tablespoons of butter to the pan and melt. Add the Vidalia onions and slowly cook until caramelized, about 10 miminutes or so. Add the garlic and cook for about one minute more.
- 3Coarsely chop the caramelzed sliced onion and garlic mixture. In a mixing bowl, stir together the caramelized onion and garlic mixture, grated cheese, mayonnaise, BBQ seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Pour into prepared dish.
- 4Melt the remaining Tablespoon of butter and mix with the Panko. Sprinkle over the dish.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before you serve. Enjoy!!