Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken
Honey-Mustard Snack Mix
Spicy Cereal and Nut Mix
- 4 cups corn cereal, such as Corn Chex
- 4 cups rice cereal, such as Rice Chex
- 2 cups honey-wheat pretzel sticks broken into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 3/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Whether you are in the car or watching a movie, this snack is a great alternative to chips and crackers. The honey-wheat pretzels add a touch of sweetness, while the cashews and peanuts combine in perfect nutty, salty goodness.
Game plan: This snack mix will last up to 14 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe was featured as part of both our Winter Cabin Fever story and our Bar Snacks photo gallery.
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Mix together cereal, pretzel sticks, cashews, and peanuts in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2Mix remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until coated. Scatter snack mix evenly on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted and browned, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before storing in a resealable plastic bag.