Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Baked Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
Baked Chicken Breast
Spicy Baked Chicken Strips
- 1 1/2 lbs Fresh Chicken Tenders
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- 2 cups Corn Flakes
- 1 cup French Onion Sun Chips
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- Crystal Hot Sauce
- Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Ranch Dressing or Hot Wing Sauce
These crunchy but tender chicken strips are great as a main course or as an appetizer. Kick up the heat for the grown ups or temper them for the kids. Either way, they are a healthy and delicious alternative to deep frying.
- 1Place tenders in large baking dish and cover with buttermilk. Add hot sauce to taste and gently combine. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours (longer is better). While chicken marinates, combine corn flakes, Sun Chips, parmesan cheese, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Crush mixture into a small crumbs, but not too fine, you still want to retain texture.
- 2Preheat oven to 375° F.
- 3Place flour, egg, and crumb mixture into separate bowls. Take a tender and dredge in the flour, shake of excess flour, then coat in the egg letting excess drip off. Next, dredge into the the crumb mixture, coating evenly. Set on a wire rack placed inside a large baking sheet. Repeat until all tenders are well coated and make additional coating if necessary.
- 4Drizzle each tender with a little olive oil, this will help the strips become extra crispy. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden brown. Internal temperature should reach 165° F.
Serve with Ranch Dressing or your favorite wing sauce.