Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks / 1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup (lightly packed) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Topping: 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Topping: 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter a 9×13 × 2 inch baking pan. You can also line the pan with buttered foil or parchment paper.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- 3In large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- 4Add the flour mixture and mix until the flour is just incorporated. The batter will be thick like cookie dough.
- 5Scrape batter into your prepared pan and spread evenly.
- 6Make the topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar topping evenly over the top of the batter.
- 7Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly before cutting into 24 pieces. Delicious warm or at room temperature.