For the soy dressing:
- 1Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
For the fish:
- 1Using a sharp knife, cut three slashes into the skin side of the fish and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Place a non-stick frying pan over high heat and add the oil. Place the fish skin-side down in the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Turn and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and just cooked.
- 4Place the asparagus, cucumber, chile, mint and cilantro in a bowl and toss to combine.
- 5Serve the fish with the salad and drizzle with the soy dressing.
Beverage pairing: Loimer Grüner Veltliner “Kamptal,” Austria. There’s a lot going on in this dish, calling for a wine with great versatility. Grüner Veltliner has the lightness to not overwhelm the fish, a sensation of fruity sweetness to absorb the chile, and that signature herbal quality to pair with the asparagus.