Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Lobster Mac and Cheese
Mac Daddy n' Cheese
Smokin' Cheese & Mac Bake
- 1/2 lb cheddar
- 1/2 lb smoked swiss
- 1/2 smoked gouda
- 4 oz butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups milk, heated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 lb wheat penne
the most requested comfort food ever!
- 1cook pasta for six minutes (you want it slightly undercooked). drain and rinse with cold water. set aside.
- 2shred and combine all cheeses. reserve one cup of cheese for the topping.
- 3in a large sauce pan, melt butter. add flour and mix well. cook for three minutes; making a nutty smelling rue. add milk, spices and hot sauce. heat to a low boil, stirring continuously. add cheese a little at a time; stirring constantly to ensure all cheese is melted.
- 4in a large bowl, combine mixture with chilled pasta and mix well.
- 5transfer to a greased 13×9 baking dish. top with reserved cheese.
- 6bake in a 425 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- 7let sit for 10 minutes to cool and set.
- 8eat until you feel sick.