Slow Cooker Easy Tomato Ketchup
- 1 (800g) can tomato puree
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1In a food processor, combine the tomato puree, onion, and shallot, and process just until smooth.
- 2Add the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, allspice, cinnamon, mace, ginger, cloves, and pepper flakes, and pulse to combine.
- 3Pour into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 12 to 18 hours (to help improve flavour) make sure it doesn’t condense too much by adding water
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5jar or bottle while hot (make shure that you warm the jars slowly to prevent shattering when putting) so it selfs seals.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved