Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Baby Arugula Salad with Nectarines and Toasted...
Flank Steak and Arugula Salad
Simple Arugula, Bresaola and Grana Padano Salad
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 100 g (a few handfuls) of thinly-sliced Bresaola, torn
- 100 g Grana Padano cheese
- 1-2 tbsp high-quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
The hardest part of this salad if finding the right cheese and meat. Once you’ve got that, you’re laughing. It’s the ideal picnic side because it can’t get soggy or messy, it can jostle around in a picnic basket all day and you know what? You’re still going to have a stellar salad when you unfurl your blanket and get snacky.
My husband and I got the “recipe” from a woman who worked at a deli counter in our old neighbourhood in Ottawa. We were looking for something to serve alongside pizza. We tried it and we’ve been eating it regularly ever since.
- 1Place arugula in a bowl.
- 2Scatter Bresaola over arugula.
- 3Shave Grana Padano (I use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler) into thin curls; scatter over salad.
- 4Toss with oil, salt and pepper.