Cream Cheese and Herb Dip
Roasted Shrimp with Romesco Sauce
Shrimp with Catupiry Cheese and Hearts of Palm
- 2 lbs of fresh shrimp (medium or small size)
- 1 Catupiry cheese
- 1 can of hearts of palm, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 large, juicy tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- salt and pepper
- 10-15 whole peppercorns (you can leave these out if you don't want people biting into them)
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- lime juice
This recipe is very common in Brazil and a good use of Catupiry cheese.
1Preheat oven to 450° F.
2Spread cheese over bottom and sides of 13 × 9 pyrex.
3Peel, devein and wash shrimp, sprinkle with lime juice and salt. Leave in refrigerator until ready to use.
4Chop tomatoes into big chunks and puree in blender.
5Saute onion in olive oil until limp, add shrimp, cover and bring to a simmer.
6Add tomatoes, parsley, green onions and whole peppercorns. Simmer for fifteen minutes.
7Dissolve corn starch in milk.
8Add hearts of palm and milk to shrimp, stir for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
9Add salt and pepper to taste (remember the cheese is salty!).
10Pour shrimp mixture into pyrex. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
11Bake until cheese is melted (about 15 minutes).
12Serve from pyrex with white rice as a side.
Recommended from Chowhound