Rhubarb Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are a little different, they are very tasty and tender. I make sure my rhubarb is chopped rather fine for this recipe and I measure, then thaw the rhubarb before using let drain but do not press out the liquid, I use the blueberries frozen or fresh.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and sour cream; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries and rhubarb.
- 1Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 400 F. for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
- 2See other recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved