Ramos Gin Fizz
Famed New Orleans barman Henry C. Ramos is said to have invented this rich, potent, and frothy egg white and cream cocktail in the 1880s. Orange flower water gives it a lovely aroma.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water
- Club soda, chilled
- 1Add the gin, lemon juice, lime juice, egg white, cream, sugar, and orange flower water to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously, about 15 seconds.
- 2Add a handful of ice to the cocktail shaker and shake again until the outside of the canister looks frosty, about 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled 10-ounce highball or collins glass without ice. Top off with club soda.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved