Table Talk with Chef Zachary Golper of Bien Cuit |
Answers Are In! ›
Charred Eggplant Salad
Strawberry Ice Cream Sundae
Peanut Butter–Honey Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted, plus more for coating the pan
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (from about 3 medium bananas)
- 2/3 cup unsalted chunky natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- Honey Butter, for serving (optional; see recipe intro)
Stirring chunky peanut butter into the batter for this banana bread is a great way to add nuts without having to mess around chopping them; honey and brown sugar add a caramelly sweetness to the ripe banana flavor. For an extra punch of honey, slather on some of our compound Honey Butter.
- 1Heat the oven to 325°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Coat a 9-by-5-inch metal loaf pan with butter; set aside.
- 2Place the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to aerate and break up any lumps. Set aside.
- 3Place the measured butter and both sugars in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the eggs, banana, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- 4Add half of the reserved flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Add half of the milk and stir until just combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and milk, stirring until just combined.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake until the bread begins to pull away from the sides of the pan and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 to 75 minutes.
- 6Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Run a knife around the perimeter of the pan and turn the bread out onto the rack to finish cooling. (Or serve it warm, with honey butter if desired.) Once completely cooled, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.