Table Talk with Chef Zachary Golper of Bien Cuit |
Answers Are In! ›
Beef Tenderloin with Pancetta and Hominy Polenta...
Pancetta and Hominy Polenta
- 2 ounces pancetta or applewood-smoked bacon, large dice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/3 cup drained canned golden hominy
- 1 cup (about 2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Place pancetta in a medium frying pan and cook over medium heat until it is golden brown and much of the fat has rendered, 8 to 10 minutes; remove cooked pancetta to a plate and set aside.
- 2Combine cream and chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Slowly add polenta in a thin stream, whisking constantly until it is well incorporated. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until polenta is creamy, thick, and no longer raw-tasting, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3Mix in hominy, reserved cooked pancetta, and Parmigiano cheese. Just before serving, stir in butter and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.