Pumpkin Pie Spice
Easy Banana Pudding
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking (rolled) oats
- 1 very ripe medium-size banana
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Extra sliced bananas for the top
I love the texture the oatmeal gives these waffles. They are chewy and have a hint of banana and cinnamon, with sweet bursts of raisins.
1Preheat waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions.
2In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add the oats and toss together.
3In a separate bowl, mash the banana very well. Add the soy milk, maple syrup, and vegetable oil. I use a handheld blender to blend everything together; if you don’t have one, mix vigorously with a strong fork until there are very few clumps of banana left.
4Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the raisins.
5Let the batter sit for 2 minutes before making the waffles; this allows the oatmeal to get moist and blend with the rest of the batter.
6Prepare the waffles according to the manufacturer’s directions. Serve with margarine, maple syrup, and sliced bananas on top.
Recommended from Chowhound