Refried Black Beans
Basic Tomato Sauce
Minted Rice with Tomato and Sprouted Beans
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 6 green onions, very finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked, cooled Basmati rice
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mixed sprouted beans (a mixture of aduki, mung, lentil, and chickpea sprouts)
- A small handful of mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
The bean sprouts in this light and fresh stir-fried rice dish give it a crunchy bite, while the generous addition of garlic gives a rich, aromatic flavor.
1Heat the oil in a large, nonstick wok or frying pan. When it is hot, add the green onions and garlic and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes.
2Add the cooked rice and continue to stir-fry over high heat for 3–4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and mixed sprouted beans and continue to cook over high heat for 2–3 minutes or until warmed through.
3Remove from the heat, season, and stir in the chopped mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Recommended from Chowhound