This cooling drink is popular in India. It can be made with a variety of fruit (or no fruit at all), but always contains yogurt and water. This version also contains cardamom. American versions are often sweeter than their Indian counterparts. We chose to go the less sweet route here.
What to buy:
Look for organic, plain whole-milk yogurt. Most organic brands labeled “cream on top” are more fluid because they contain fewer stabilizers.
- 3/4 cup medium-dice mango
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch fine salt
- 1Combine all ingredients except ice in a blender and process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- 2Pour into tall glasses filled with ice and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved