Mandarin Orange Digestif
CHOW Food Team
With its sweet mandarin flavor and touch of acidity, this digestif will have you wishing the meal could end faster.
What to buy: We chose Everclear 151 grain alcohol to use in our digestifs; it picks up the flavoring elements much faster than vodka.
This recipe was featured as part of our Make Your Own Digestifs project, as well as our DIY Holiday Gifts Advent Calendar.
- 5 medium mandarin oranges
- 2 cups grain alcohol, such as Everclear 151
- 1 1/2 cups Rich Simple Syrup
- 1Using a vegetable peeler, remove mandarin peel in wide strips, making sure to avoid the white pith.
- 2Place peels in a 1-quart glass jar with a tightfitting lid, add alcohol, cover, and let steep, at room temperature, undisturbed, for 6 days.
- 3After 6 days, remove peels and add rich simple syrup. Stir to combine. Store in the freezer.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved