Main Line Wine
Adapted from "Mr. Boston Summer Cocktails"
Somewhere between Sangría and Planter’s Punch, the flavor of this refreshing cocktail pops thanks to Yellow Chartreuse and Grand Marnier. It’s a guaranteed way to keep your guests cool at your next barbecue.
This recipe was featured as part of our Wine Cocktails recipe slideshow.
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Cabernet Sauvignon, chilled
- 16 ounces aged rum, chilled
- 12 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 8 medium lemons), chilled
- 12 ounces Simple Syrup, chilled
- 3 ounces Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 6 dashes Orange Bitters
- 6 thinly sliced orange wheels, halved, for garnish
Place all of the ingredients in a punch bowl and stir to combine. Add a large block of ice
and serve in highball glasses filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of orange.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved