LordmaddogIII mac n cheese
This a recipe that my Mom’s dad told my Mom and she told my Dad who does it better than anyone else. He also changed up a bit and does it differently. You can follow this recipe or add some other types of cheeses.
- 1 box of any type of pasta... preferably elbows, "log", penne, or that swirly kind.
- 1 block of Cracker Barrel
- 1 small block of mozzerella cheese
- Olive oil
- I container of bread crumbs
- 1Cook pasta using directions on box. for better results cook for 1 less min. than said on box.
- 2Put about 1/4 of cooked pasta in a greased casserole dish.
- 3Slice up the two blocks of cheeses into slices. Not to thick, but not paper thin.
- 4Put a one slice thick layer of cheddar cheese on top of the pasta.
- 5Put another 1/4 of the cooked pasta on top of cheddar cheese.
- 6Put a one slice thick layer of mozzerella on top of the pasta.
- 7Add another 1/4 of pasta on top of moz.
- 8Put a one slice thick layer of cheddar cheese on top of the pasta.
- 9Add another 1/4 of pasta on top of cheddar.
- 10Put a thin layer of mozzerella on top of pasta
- 11Sprinkle bread crumbs to taste on top of the mozerella. Not a lot though.
- 12Drizzle olive oil on top of bread crumbs.
- 13Bake for 30-35 min in casserole dish w/ top at 350 degrees.
- 14Let sit for a few min.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved