CHOW Food Team
Like an alcoholic Lemonhead, our take on limoncello is both tart and sweet, and is a nice finish to a big meal.
What to buy: We chose Everclear 151 grain alcohol to use in our digestifs; it picks up the flavoring elements much faster than vodka.
This recipe was featured as part of our Make Your Own Digestifs project.
- 4 medium lemons
- 2 cups grain alcohol, such as Everclear 151
- 1 1/2 cups Rich Simple Syrup
- 1Using a vegetable peeler, remove lemon peel in wide strips, making sure to avoid the white pith.
- 2Place peels in a 1-quart glass jar with a tightfitting lid, add alcohol, cover, and let steep undisturbed at room temperature for 6 days.
- 3After 6 days, remove peels and add simple syrup. Stir to combine. Store in the freezer.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved