Thai Red Chicken Curry
Thai Chicken Wraps
KK's Thai Chicken and Noodles
- 8 oz of chicken boneless skinless breasts thin sliced in strips
- 8 oz of the oriental Egg noodles or Vermicelli
- 1 red pepper cut in thin strips
- 2 carrots cut in match sticks 1" long
- 4 scallions, Greens cut on the angle in 1" pieces. The white parts I dice.
- 1/2 cup radishes thin sliced
- 1 cup shitaki mushrooms chopped roughly
- Canola or vegetable to cook the chicken in
- Fresh lime wedges
- 1 1/4 cups cilantro
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 3 teaspoons sugar, use more if you care for it sweeter, I go lighter
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, use as much as you want according to taste.
- 3 teaspoons of garlic minced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, I like the dark but either will work
- Salt go light ... and pepper to taste
I love this dish. I found this is an old cookbook by I think “Prevention Magazine.” made changes and continue to serve it. I wish I still had the book but sold it when I moved. Only so much room on my shelves.
This has great Thai flavor but the recipe managed to tweak the ingredients to what is more common which I liked.
I did fine at a local market which recently opened some Oriental noodles (similar to vermicelli) I like them more, but vermicelli works just fine for this.
1Make your sauce. Add the cilantro, soy broth, broth, lime, ginger sugar, red pepper flakes and garlic, blend until well combined. Slowly add in the oils to lightly emulsify.
2I used dried shitaki mushrooms and re-hydrate. I chop them and add to the pasta at the end.
3I like to grill my chicken with just a little salt and pepper in a small saute pan on medium heat with some olive oil. Just cook a minute or two.
4Now start your pasta water. Cook the pasta accordingly to directions. The last 4-5 minutes add the carrots, red pepper and snap peas and cook right with the pasta. Don’t add the radishes or scallions.
5Drain the pasta and vegetables, Add the chicken, the scallions, the rehydrated chopped mushrooms and the sauce. Stir and serve. Top with the radishes. Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime and a lime wedge if you want. It lets people know there is lime in the dish. Great dish.
Recommended from Chowhound