Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Ginger Ale Apple-Lemon Slushy
Best Homemade Ginger Ale
- 25g Ginger grated
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup suger depends on how sweet you want it
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- 1/4to 1/3 tbsp yeast "any kind"
- 1Pour the suger and yeast into a 2L soda bottle using a funnel. Then shake the bottle to mix up the yeast and suger
- 2Juice the lime and lemon. Then put them in a small bowl with the pineapple juice.
- 3Add the grated ginger to the small bowl and mix a little.
- 4Use the funnel to pour the mixture from the small bowl into the 2L bottle. Add the bay leavesor leaf. Then fill a add water to the small bowl and swish it around a bit then pour it into the 2L bottle.
- 5Close the bottle and shake it until the suger mixes with the ginger mixture. open the bottle and fill the bottle up leaving a one inch space from the cap to the ginger level. If you don’t leave the space the bottle might explode.
- 6Shake bottle every 15 minutes for an hour to keep the suger from setteling on the bottom. Leave in a warm place for 24 to 48 hours or until you can’t squeaze the bottle easily.
- 7Cool and enjoy. Try adding other things like diffrent herbs and spices to get a unique taste