Malty Guinness and rich vanilla ice cream: a dreamy, frothy, creamy combination. This milkshake would be perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration or equally delicious sipped poolside in August. For virgin shakes, try our Chocolate Malted Milk Shake or Purple Cow Milk Shake.
What to buy: We found that using a can of Guinness instead of a bottle ensures a creamier consistency.
This milkshake was featured as part of our St. Patrick’s Day recipe slideshow.
- 2 pints (4 cups) vanilla ice cream
- 1 (14.9-ounce) can Guinness Draught
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup or chocolate sauce, for drizzling
- Semisweet chocolate shavings, for garnish
- 1Place 4 pint glasses in the freezer to chill.
- 2Place the ice cream and Guinness in a blender and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- 3Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the chocolate syrup or sauce down the insides of each glass. Divide the shake among the glasses and garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved