Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Gluten Free Pancakes
Gluten Free Corn Soup Recipe
- 8 cups fresh corn kernels (approximately 15 corn ears)
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup snipped herbs (chives, basil, chervil, parsley)
Our Corn Soup Recipe is perfect for the summer-time. It uses the freshest ingredients at their peak season. Corn Soup is chilled and perfect to serve during the hot months of the summer.
You can find the gluten free corn soup recipe (and more gluten free recipes) at www.celiacstips.com
- 1Hold an ear of corn upright and slice off the corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife. Be sure to scrap the juice from the corn cobs, this will add natural sugar and intensify the corn flavor!
- 2In a large saucepan, bring the corn kernels, water and sea salt to a boil. Simmer for 18-20 minutes or until the corn is very tender. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- 3In a blender or food processor, puree the corn in batches until you achieve a smooth consistency. If you want a smoother soup, pour each patch through a food mill, strainer, or sieve. This will help you get rid of any large pieces. You can also serve this rustic style and keep the chunks of corn.
- 4Thin soup to desired consistency for thickness of the soup with buttermilk. Chill for at least 2 hours. Garnish and serve with fresh chopped herbs.
- 5Notes: Sometimes I like to add a drop of hot sauce to spice things up. I like to use the Asian hot sauce Sriracha.