Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Saag with Tofu
Asian-y Tofu Scramble
Garden Tofu Scramble
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped, including tops
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained, squeezed dry, and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tsp light soy sauce (or wheat-free tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped spinach
There are countless variations on the basic tofu scramble. This one incorporates a colorful array of summer garden vegetables, making it both eye appealing and palate pleasing.
- 1Heat oil in a large non-stick pan and sauté onions for about 3 minutes over medium heat. Add tofu, spices and soy sauce and mix well to coat tofu. Cook, stirring gently for 5 minutes.
- 2Add red pepper and carrots. Stir, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- 3Add broccoli and spinach. Stir, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes, until broccoli is bright green, and spinach has slightly wilted. Serve with hash browns and tempeh bacon, as pictured here.