Five-Spice Hot Chocolate
The ultimate fusion drink, this hot chocolate pairs up Chinese five-spice powder with an orange-flavored rum from Martinique for a spicy citrus taste that hits the spot.
What to buy:
Clément Créole Shrubb liqueur features a blend of rums flavored with spices and orange. It can be found at specialty liquor stores or online.
Five-spice powder is a Chinese spice mix that livens up anything it touches. It can be found at most major grocery stores or you can make your own.
For this recipe, use high-end chocolate, such as El Rey 41 percent milk chocolate.
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Clément Créole Shrubb liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice Powder
- 1Combine milk and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until simmering, about 4 minutes.
- 2Add milk chocolate and whisk until completely melted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Clément Créole Shrubb liqueur and five-spice powder until well incorporated. Serve immediately.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved