Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Fast and lazy pumpkin
- 1 small (individual portion sized) high quality pumpkin
- 1 knob of unsalted butter
- pinch grated nutmeg
- splash of brandy or fruit spirit
- salt & pepper
I was inspired by a recepie that I saw on BBC on seasonal (autumn) cooking.
- 1Cut the top off the pumpkin cleanly and reserve. Remove the seeds but leave a fair amount of flesh inside the pumpkin.
- 2Place the knob of butter inside the pumpkin, add freshly grated nutmeg, add the splash of alcohol and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 3Put the reserved top of the pumpkin back on as a lid and microwave the pumpkin on high for 5-10 minutes depending on the microwave. Leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- 4Ckeck that the flesh is cooked through and moist and serve as individual portions with the lid on.