Easy Cheesy Macaroni Tuna Casserole
My Mom’s friend shared this recipe with us, and it was love at first bite. This gooey, cheesy casserole has remained my family’s favorite comfort food. It’s very fast, very easy, and very economical. I always have the ingredients on hand: boxed mac n cheese, canned tuna, canned cheddar cheese soup, and some saltines on top. Mom always served it with green peas.
- 1 Box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner (you can substitute another brand if desired)
- 1/4 cup Milk (adjust according to directions on box, if necessary)
- 1/2 stick Butter or Margarine (adjust according to directions on box, if necessary)
- 1 6-ounce Can Tuna
- 1 Can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 12 Saltines, crushed
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, if desired
1Prepare Macaroni and Cheese as directed on box.
2Stir in the can of Tuna and the can of Cheese Soup. Pour into an 8″ × 8″ square or round casserole dish. Top with crushed Saltines and shredded Cheddar Cheese, if desired.
3Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until the top is golden and the casserole is hot and bubbly.
4Serve with a salad or green peas.
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved